At The Custom T-Shirt Shop, we can screen print your bulk t-shirt order for you. We have found that the price where screen printing becomes a competitive option is at 30+ t-shirts and although we are happy to do smaller runs for you, the price will be a little more. We understand that you want things simple, so we do not hide or add charges that we have not discussed or quoted you. Please read our Screen Printing terms and conditions below. Processing time is 5-15 business days, depending on the size of your order. If you have a deadline though, have a talk to us, and we will see what we can do to help. Our setup fees are $50.00 per screen for less than 50 t-shirts. If you require a large orders over 50 T Shirts all costs will be outlined in our Quote. Creation of Print ready artwork will save you a lot of money, if you are not able to create your own artwork we recommend using a graphic artist to create what you are looking for. We can also do art creation for you at an additional cost. As a standard option on 100 or less T Shirts and Apparel we use acrylic based ink as a standard option but we can print with plastisol ink which has the shiny plastic feel if required. On 100+ T Shirts we use plastisol ink. Why do we use acrylic based inks on low volumes? We have found that the soft hand feel of acrylic is a more desirable finish to our customers and has a superior longevity to the print life. Due to the drying time and screen life we need to use plastisol ink for our high volume runs. Please contact us for a firm quote.
Screen Printing Terms and Conditions
Due to the various factors in screen printing that can influence price, we prefer to quote each job for you.
Please email your Design Artwork and specification,Contact Us – and we’ll get back to you ASAP with your quote.
If you are not sure what we will need to give you a Quote here is a breakdown of the information needed.
- If you are supplying your own t-shirts or apparel you will need to let us know the details including brand, sizes, colour, material, anything special about the garments, E.g. Seam running up the full length of the back.
- If we are supplying the t-shirts, we will need to know the Brand (if you know) or a guide to the quality you are after Budget, Mid-Level or Premium.
- The style required whether that’s t-shirts, polo shirts, and sleeveless t-shirts etc. If you know the brand and style name that will help as well. E.g. Gildan Men Soft Style.
- The colour of the shirts required.
- The sizes and quantities required. If multiply designs are needed we need the breakdown per design.
- A copy of the Artwork you want printed onto the T Shirt or Apparel. (At this stage a JPEG, PDF or PNG are fine.)
- How many Colours and what colours you are wanting printed onto the T Shirt or Apparel. Any special ink requirements should we made aware to us. E.g. Fluro Metallic.
- Standard Printing size is up to A3, if larger printing is required please let us know the dimensions required in mm.
- The Due Date.
- Your Contact details, Email, Phone Number, if Freight is required the delivery address.
With Screen Printing the setup time is significant and to make it worthwhile we ask that you have a minimum of 20 T Shirts or Apparel per design. If you are looking for under this quantity it is best to look at Direct to Garment (DTG) printing for your needs.
We will send an email with a quote detailing the cost of the work as specified. If artwork is required an estimate of the cost will be given. Any adjustments, changes or variations to the artwork (customer supplied or any created by us) will not be covered by the original quote. We will let you know this at the time of creating the artwork. Setup Cost will be covered by the Quote.
If possible we ask that you supply completed artwork at the time of quoting so we can make sure we give you a completed price. If you need help with artwork it is best to get a Graphic artist to get your artwork ready for you, this is a good tip whether using us or any other screen printer, as artwork can become expensive and the costs can run away very quickly with variations and changes. We are happy to create art work for you but there are costs associated. If artwork creation is required you will need to request artwork creation in your email. We will always try to keep artwork costs to a minimum, but do have to cover our costs in creating the art work.
- Standard Sizing is up to A3
- 300 DPI minimum
- AI, EPS or PS format is preferred. When supplying PS files the colours will need to be in separate layers.
- Supplying PDF, JPEG or PNG are not print ready
- Supplying a JPEG or picture that is not layered in AI, EPS or PS is not considered print ready.
- Microsoft Documents and hard paper copies are not considered print ready.
- Changes and Variations will attracted extra cost to the artwork cost.
- Not Print ready documents will attracted extra cost to the artwork cost.
- Supplying of Print Ready artwork will have a screen setup cost only.
Please email your Order and specifications to firstname.lastname@example.org please include the following.
- Our Quote Number.
- Any changes to the quote, Sizes Colours Styles.
- Our Agreed Due Date (this will need to allow for the creation of print
- Any Special Requirements, Size, Placement Special ink requirements, eg Fluro or, metallic.
- If print ready artwork has not been supplied this will be required now, or you will need to advise that print ready artwork is required.
- We will need to know if you are picking up or freight is needed, if freight is needed we will need the address of where we are shipping to.
- Payment as agreed will be required prior to printing.
We will send an Email with an invoice detailing the cost of the work as specified. A mock-up with details of the printing will be supplied for approval. Approval delays may affect agreed due date if this happens we will advise. If artwork is required and the estimate does not cover the cost we will advise at this stage. Any Changes or Variations required after the first mock-up will not be covered by the original invoice and we will let you know these costs at the time as additional changes and variations to the artwork are created. Setup Cost will be covered by the invoice.
Once Approval has been given, we will order the garments, arrange the creation of the artwork, Setup the Screens and Image the Screens. Once all garments have been received we will print up The T Shirts or Apparel. At Completion of the Printing of your T Shirts or Apparel, we will let you know that the Job is printed and ready for collection or is being sent.
All Work is final, due to the process of printing and not being able to un-print, no refunds are available on the work, if you are in doubt, you can ask for a printed sample prior to the production run, this will have additional cost associated and should be requested at the ordering stage. Any Manufacturing faults are covered and are reprinted for free, we must be made aware of any faults within 14 days of receiving the garments, or otherwise your screens will have been cleaned out and will have to be recreate the screens at a cost to you. We do keep your artwork on file so if later printing is required no artwork setup cost will be associated. We do our best to keep our printing costs affordable to you but we need you to work with us not against us. We reserve the right to refuse to do works if we have an exceptional busy work load or Due dates are not realistic. We reserve the right to cancel work if the Changes or Variations are too great.
ABOUT SCREEN PRINTING
Screen printing (also known as silk screening) is a printing technique that uses stencils and ink to create designs on fabric. Although it requires significantly more set-up time than digital printing or heat transfer, screen printing remains popular because it is the most economical method for producing large quantities. TCTS About Screen Printing Service
SCREEN PRINTING PROCESS
Screen printing has a steep learning curve that requires knowledge of everything from making screens and press set-up to actual print.
IMAGE DESIGN: Create a customised graphic using professional graphics software. The graphic must be separated by colour, with each colour printed on its clear film positive. Fewer colours mean a simpler set-up, resulting in lower costs.
SCREEN MAKING: Following a process that requires the use of a darkroom and photographic chemicals, a stencil, known as a screen, is made for each colour in the graphic image.
PRINTING.Each screen must be inserted and carefully aligned in the printing press to ensure that adjacent colours in the image are correctly aligned. The printing press applies ink to each screen, then uses pressure to squeeze the ink through the screen’s open mesh areas and onto the shirt. There are three common types of screen printing presses: flatbed; cylinder; and rotary, which is the most widely used.
DRYING: After all, colors are printed, the shirt is placed in a drying chamber at around 350°F for about 40 seconds to cure the screen print ink. Once cooled, the shirt is ready to wear.
SAFE WORK ENVIRONMENT:
It is strongly recommended not to overheat the garments at any stage of the screen printing process. Please ensure adequate ventilation in your screen printing facility and make sure to clean and maintain your equipment regularly.
CARE INSTRUCTIONS: Due to the nature of the dyeing process employed with Comfort Colors pigment dyed shades, loose pigments may remain on the surface of the garments. We therefore strongly recommend washing these garments only with like-colored garments, as some of the pigment dyes may stain light or white coloured garments in the wash cycle. Washing the garments in cold water will reduce the possibility of staining.
CONSIDERATIONS:Dye migration occurs when the dye colour in the clothing absorbs into the screen printed ink. Ghosting is when printed shirts are stacked too soon during the drying process before being adequately cooled. This will cause a chemical reaction which creates a ghosted image of a white screen print on the back of the shirt stacked on top.